9 févr. 2011

Dunk Contest!

So I am finally getting to blog about the dunk contest....yes the famous dunk contest. I will save you from reading all the way and tell you right now I finished second in a dunk off! I think I should have won, but either way it was a fun experience. Now I can put dunk contestant on my resume.

I know everyone is dying for videos, so I will post this one of my best dunk of the night. Please do not laugh too much.

The whole all-star game was interesting, and took a total of 5 hours to do. There was a 3 point competition and a friendly game where one athlete paired with a young kid and shot for a minute, and see who got the most points. I also got to take part in that, so it was nice to be a part of the action. Of course there was the dunk contest, and then there was the actual game. Where 10 players from the league played against some men. They definitely put on a show for the crowd.

The interesting part was the girls had to wear dresses to play in.. I saw these type of uniforms at the World Championships, so it was not a huge shock for me, but it still is funny to think that people think its okay to have women dress up in a dress for an athletic game!


That was the big adventure last weekend, and this week has not been too exciting. We have had 6 or 7 players to practice, so it has made for some interesting practices. One big note is that 5-3-2 is BACK! the drill I blogged about earlier has made a return, and Amanda and I were once again last to finish. I am hoping it does not make a permanent return..

We have two games this weekend, and then Amanda, Giedre, Lina and I are heading to Vilnius for the night to celebrate my birthday! Should be a good time for sure.

I will leave you with some pictures of me playing in our game last weekend.














I wont caption them all, as they are all pretty similar. I still have the same short shorts and still number 4.

I hope everyone is doing well across the ocean. :)

Until next time,
Courtnay

1 commentaire:

  1. Hey Courtnay! Just love reading your newsy posts and seeing so many pictures (and video). Looks like you had a great time in the city; I believe you're going back for your Birthday celebration tonight? I hope you celebrate in the style you so richly deserve! Know that we're thinking of you! Oh, and congrats on the dunk contest! Impressive! Lots of love always,
    Leesa & Bob

    RépondreSupprimer