28 nov. 2010

Gobble Gobble!

Before I get into the good stuff, let me just recap my trip to France. The trip itself wasen't too bad, as both travel days I slept on the planes/buses the majority of the time. We lost our game by 4. Needless to say it was a tough game that we felt we could have won. We just didn't bring the energy needed the whole game.

We put that behind us, and played a game on Saturday for our Lithuanian League. We won by a lot like usual, and got Sunday off which meant me and Amanda could finally make our Thanksgiving dinner for a couple team-mates!

Me and Amanda have had this planed for awhile, but finished our last minute shopping for it on Saturday (along with going to see the new Harry Potter movie).  Amanda is a huge HP fan, so she was much more excited then I was to see it.

Sunday had finally arrived, and off to cooking we went! Of course I was going to host the event, since my apartment is a bit bigger.. but my oven decided to stop working earlier this week... go figure! So I went to Amanda's figured out how to cook the turkey, and PRAYED it would turn out.

Back to my apartment to get the appetizers and some other food ready. I must say it was a great feeling to be blaring Christmas music, and cooking. I felt like a real suzy home-maker (no apron tho..). Two of our teammates came to celebrate with us, and we finally got all the food in one place, and shared our delicious meal with them. The menu was: Turkey, green bean casserole, twice baked potatoes, corn, rolls, and carrots. We also had deviled eggs and cheese and crackers for appetizers. Dessert was delicious brownies made by Amanda. We of course had to served them Budweiser, to have some sort of North American drink!

The only thing that did not work out so well, was the cranberry sauce.. still not sure on why it didn't but oh well! Happy everything else did!

We spent the rest of the evening playing card games. I have missed playing cards, and it was nice to have someone to play with and others who got equally as intense as I do! All and all it was a great day, and I am truly thankful for everything in my life. Everything in my life has taught me something, and I am grateful to be able to have opportunities that most people do not get to experience.

So now that Thanksgiving is officially done, the Christmas music is on full blast and 24 days till I am home for Christmas! :)


 Our game of spoons...Lots of yelling occurred...
 Me in front of the tree in the mall.. can't wait for Christmas!
 The feast :)
Right before we chowed down!

Until Next time,

Courtnay

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire