4 oct. 2010

Onto the next step


A new chapter begins today. I am currently sitting in my hotel room in the Czech. My other teammates left earlier this morning, with the majority of them leaving at 2:30am. I am not flying out until 8pm tonight, and my other teammate is not leaving until tonight, so me and Kaela are catching another bus the Prague airport this afternoon. Last night was sad, having to leave the girls that have become your friends and you have basically seen everyday, all day for the entire summer. We are all going our separate ways, and won’t be reunited until next summer. I have shared so many memories with them along with working so hard together to compete at the world championships. I can’t wait to see how they all do on their next teams.

Our team did not get the finish we wanted at the World Championships. 12th place is not the worst thing that could have happened to us, but we as a team felt we are better then that. I came down to us not shooting the ball well, and not putting a full game together. Being is so many close games, and not be able to pull off a win is disheartening for sure. The strength and character of our team came out, as we always battled and never gave up. I am so proud of that fact of our team. For me personally, I learned so much this summer. I had many ups and downs this summer, as I realized what it takes to play internationally, and just how many excellent players there are in the world. I think this year will be a good year for me to work on some new skills, and become better.

With that being said, I am now heading off the Kaunas, Lithuania to play for my new team. I am excited and scared at the same time, which I think is normal for most first year players heading over to play professional basketball. It is crazy to think the time is finally here for me to go. I feel like this moment was always in the distant future, but now its real and in the present. My travel day is not to bad. I leave from Prague and fly to Poland, then Poland to Vilnius, Lithuania (the capital). I get in around 12:40pm and then have an hour and a half drive to Kaunas. I have had much worst travel plans, and Im sure I will sleep most of the time.

The good news is that the team has my apartment, so I can go straight there. I have no idea what it will look like, or what to expect s that will be fun to explore at 3 am. As for my plans once I get up from my short sleep.. I have no idea!!!! I am sure I will have to do my physical, and meet the team. The possibility of me practice right when I get there may be very possible! Again I am very excited to see what the future holds for me.

I will update everyone once I get settled into my new place, and have everything figured out.

Until next time,

Courtnay

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire